If you’re interested in moving to Ferdinand, Indiana and enjoy recreational outdoor campfires, you’re in luck! While a great deal of outdoor open burns are forbidden within the city limits, some open burning exemptions exist.
Outdoor Burning Exemptions
The following types of outdoor burning activities are permitted as long as they are tended by a responsible adult at all times:
- Campfires contained in grills or pits for recreation
- Outdoor fires in pits or grills for cooking
- Patio fireplaces used for aesthetic purposes
- Ceremonial fires in connection with religious ceremonies or scouting activities
- Pep rally fires approved in advance
Other Outdoor Burning Exemptions
You can also burn clean wood and vegetation from certain maintenance operations as long as you get approval from the town council first. Some examples of these other burns include:
- Vegetation from a farm
- Foliage from an orchard or a nursery, a tree farm
- Vegetation from a cemetery or drainage ditch
- Approved activities on the part of government employees or contractors
Are You Ready to Buy a New Home?
If you’re interested in moving to a community near Ferdinand or Jasper, Indiana, check out our listings. Become familiar with the area. Before you start shopping for a home in Indiana, it’s a good idea to explore areas you might like to live in — that way you can get a feel for what properties are available and how much you’ll need to spend. We’ll help you find homes for sale in the most beautiful parts of Indiana.
Let us know if you want us to be on the lookout for Evansville or Dubois County homes with solar arrays, geothermal systems or other green upgrades too!
- Sell-4Free’s Featured Dubois County Homes
- Open Houses in Dubois
- Virtual Tours
- Dubois 3 Bedroom, 2 Bath
- Homes in Dubois w/Finished Basement
- Dubois w/Walk out Basement
- Subdivisions in Dubois
- Condos in Dubois
- Dubois Farms, Lots & Land
- Luxury Homes
Thinking of Selling Your Dubois County Home?
On the other hand, if you’d like to sell your Dubois County real estate, we’d love to help with that too! We offer a completely FREE Comparative Market Analysis (CMA). Zillow’s zestimates can be off by as much as 12 percent! Obviously, to make any decisions, you need to know the actual value of your property, right? A 12 percent difference could be a deal breaker when it comes down to it. Yet, if you contact us today, we can get you a detailed report and the estimated value for your home based on today’s market. Plus, we can get that to you usually in less than one day. So, request your FREE home valuation for your Dubois County home today!