How To Get An Indiana Driver’s License When You Move From Out-Of-State

How To Get An Indiana Driver’s License When You Move From Out-Of-State

Published On: May 4, 2018|Categories: Home Buyers, Jasper IN Real Estate|

Transfer license to Indiana.

Curious about how to get an Indiana driver’s license when you move from another state? It’s not difficult. If you’re at least 18-years-old and have another driver’s license from another state, just head into any BMV branch. When you get there, show them one of the following documents:

  • Your current out-of-state driver’s license
  • A copy of your official driving record
  • A verification letter from your former state.

Additionally, you have to prove your identity, prove your lawful status, give them your social security number, and prove that you’re now an Indiana resident. Pieces of mail to your new address like from a utility company, a lease or a mortgage document can work.

Then, you just have to pass a knowledge examination and a vision screening. Now, if your old driver’s license expired and it’s been over three years, then you also have to take an actual road test.

Once you’ve done these things, you’ll get a temporary interim driver’s license. That license is valid for 30 days. That will make you legal while the BMV authenticates your documents and issues you a permanent driver’s license.

Are You Ready to Buy a New Home?

If you’re interested in moving to a community near Evansville or Jasper, Indiana, check out our listings. Become familiar with the area. Before you start shopping for a home in Indiana, it’s a good idea to explore areas you might like to live in — that way you can get a feel for what properties are available and how much you’ll need to spend. We’ll help you find homes for sale in the most beautiful parts of Indiana.

Let us know if you want us to be on the lookout for Evansville or Dubois County homes with solar arrays, geothermal systems or other green upgrades too!

Thinking of Selling Your Dubois County Home?

On the other hand, if you’d like to sell your Dubois County real estate, we’d love to help with that too! We offer a completely FREE Comparative Market Analysis (CMA). Zillow’s zestimates can be off by as much as 12 percent! Obviously, to make any decisions, you need to know the actual value of your property, right? A 12 percent difference could be a deal breaker when it comes down to it. Yet, if you contact us today, we can get you a detailed report and the estimated value for your home based on today’s market. Plus, we can get that to you usually in less than one day. So, request your FREE home valuation for your Dubois County home today!

Contact Welsh Realty Corp. Today!

Call us at 812-634-6969 or get in touch with us online. We can also contact you by email if that’s easier for you! Just fill out our contact request form, and we’ll get in touch right away!