Dubois County submitted five applications to the Indiana Department of Transportation before Friday’s deadline. The applications were for grant funding for three roads and motion-activated signs for the county, plus a joint road project with the Town of Ferdinand. In all, Dubois County requested the following from the Community Crossings grant program:
- $244,362 to pave County Road 1025E from State Road 64 to State Road 164
- $229,083.75 to pave County Road 100S from County Roads 600W to 650W, and County Road 650W from County Roads 100S to 300S
- $234,590.25 to pave County Road 550S between State Road 162 and Club Road
- $10,693.50 for motion-activated signs at the intersection of County Roads 100S and 600W
- $307,897 to pave Ferdinand’s Industrial Park Road
Meanwhile, Ferdinand submitted an additional for projects. The funding the Town of Ferdinand requested includes the following:
- $301,588 to pave Scenic Industrial Drive
- $82,929 to pave 21st Street
- $73,780 to pave 20th Street
- $15,318 to pave Krampe Drive
The City of Huntingburg also submitted applications for three projects already in the works. Those include the following:
- $90,105.37 to mill and pave 14th Street between U.S. 231 and Chestnut Street
- $233,495.25 to improve the intersection of 14th and Chestnut streets
- $54,842.85 to pave Chestnut Street between 12th and 19th streets
Jasper has requested funding funding for one project:
- $209,198.58 to rebuild 12th Avenue from U.S. 231 to Kimball Blvd
INDOT determines funding based on need, local support, traffic volume, the impact on connectivity and mobility, and regional economic significance.
Search area properties now:
Are You Ready to Buy a New Home Now?
If you’re interested in moving to a community near Evansville or Jasper, Indiana, check out our listings. Become familiar with the area. Before you start shopping for a home in Indiana, it’s a good idea to explore areas you might like to live in — that way you can get a feel for what properties are available and how much you’ll need to spend. We’ll help you find homes for sale in the most beautiful parts of Indiana.
Let us know if you want us to be on the lookout for Evansville or Dubois County homes with solar arrays, geothermal systems or other green upgrades too!
- Sell-4Free’s Featured Dubois County Homes
- Open Houses in Dubois
- Virtual Tours
- Dubois 3 Bedroom, 2 Bath
- Homes in Dubois w/Finished Basement
- Dubois w/Walk out Basement
- Subdivisions in Dubois
- Condos in Dubois
- Dubois Farms, Lots & Land
- Luxury Homes
Thinking of Selling Your Dubois County Home?
On the other hand, if you’d like to sell your Dubois County real estate, we’d love to help with that too! We offer a completely FREE Comparative Market Analysis (CMA). Zillow’s zestimates can be off by as much as 12 percent! Obviously, to make any decisions, you need to know the actual value of your property, right? A 12 percent difference could be a deal breaker when it comes down to it. Yet, if you contact us today, we can get you a detailed report and the estimated value for your home based on today’s market. Plus, we can get that to you usually in less than one day. So, request your FREE home valuation for your Dubois County home today!