We previously explained that after you move to Indiana, you have to obtain a Real ID and showed you a video from the State of Indiana about Real IDs. We touched on some of the ways to prove residency. But there are many documents that can help you prove residency so that you can obtain your Real Id (driver’s licence, permit, identification card). Sometimes, some proofs are hard to find. To help you prove your residency, here’s a complete list.
Complete List of Documents Proving Residency Accepted by the State of Indiana
- Computer-generated bill issued by a utility company, credit card company, doctor, or hospital with Indiana address
- Bank statement or bank transaction receipt with Indiana address and the name and address of bank
- Pay stub with your name and Indiana address and your employer’s name and address
- W-2 form, property or excise tax bill with your name and Indiana address
- Social Security Administration or other pension or retirement annual benefits summary statement showing your name and Indiana address
- Medicaid or Medicare benefit statement showing your name and Indiana address
- Current homeowner’s, renter’s, or vehicle insurance policy showing your name and Indiana address
- Current vehicle loan payment book showing your name and Indiana address
- Home mortgage or similar contract, lease, or rental contract showing showing your name and Indiana address, signed by all parties
- Child support check stub from the Indiana Department of Child Services showing your name and Indiana address
- First-class mail from federal or state court or agency showing your name and Indiana address
- Indiana voter registration card
- Change-of-address paperwork from the post office showing your name and Indiana address and your former address, also known as Form CNL107
- Survey of your Indiana property from a licensed surveyor showing your name and Indiana address
- Indiana handgun permit showing your name and Indiana address, your signature, and your birthdate
Are You Ready to Buy a New Home?
If you’re interested in moving to a community near Evansville or Jasper, Indiana, check out our listings. Become familiar with the area. Before you start shopping for a home in Indiana, it’s a good idea to explore areas you might like to live in — that way you can get a feel for what properties are available and how much you’ll need to spend. We’ll help you find homes for sale in the most beautiful parts of Indiana.
Let us know if you want us to be on the lookout for Evansville or Dubois County homes with solar arrays, geothermal systems or other green upgrades too!
- Sell-4Free’s Featured Dubois County Homes
- Open Houses in Dubois
- Virtual Tours
- Dubois 3 Bedroom, 2 Bath
- Homes in Dubois w/Finished Basement
- Dubois w/Walk out Basement
- Subdivisions in Dubois
- Condos in Dubois
- Dubois Farms, Lots & Land
- Luxury Homes
Thinking of Selling Your Dubois County Home?
On the other hand, if you’d like to sell your Dubois County real estate, we’d love to help with that too! We offer a completely FREE Comparative Market Analysis (CMA). Zillow’s zestimates can be off by as much as 12 percent! Obviously, to make any decisions, you need to know the actual value of your property, right? A 12 percent difference could be a deal breaker when it comes down to it. Yet, if you contact us today, we can get you a detailed report and the estimated value for your home based on today’s market. Plus, we can get that to you usually in less than one day. So, request your FREE home valuation for your Dubois County home today!