The coronavirus (aka COVID-19) pandemic has not been an easy thing to get through. From school closures to job losses, many Americans feel confused, scared–even panicked at times. Thankfully, we live in a day and age where technology eases our lives. Maybe it sounds ridiculous, but there really are useful tools out there that will make your pandemic-life easier, whether quarantined or not.
Plug-in Air Purifiers
These beauties do wonders for the home. Small and discreet, they plug into any outlet and–depending on the model–can do everything from killing bacteria and mold to removing bad smells from the room. One model in particular, Clarifion, uses ion technology to get rid of allergens, bacteria, mold, smoke, pollutants, and more, all without any filters involved. And bonus–you can bring it with you in the car using a USB port (cars need to be clean, too!). There are several different types of plug-in air purifiers you can try in a big range of prices, easily found on online here.
Let’s Talk Entertainment
Here’s some different ideas of unique entertainment to get you through the day.
- Movie Projectors: Projectors are so easy to work now and come with a ton of different features. And it’s not just for movies anymore; you can stream TV and YouTube as well. And if you don’t want to buy a screen, don’t worry–you can make one. One option is to simply use a blank wall. Light colored, empty walls work the best, and of course the ability to make the room dark in the daytime is necessary. Another option is to use a sheet and some PVC pipe or clothesline. Stretch the sheet tight hanging down from the pipe or rope, then project your media onto it like a screen. This method is a great way to watch movies outside at night on the grass, sitting in your hot tub, by a firepit, or whatever else works best.
- Stop Motion Videos: Stop motion is trendy right now, and pretty fun to make. What it is essentially is a ton of single photos all pieced together, with the objects in each photo moved a little bit every time, making it record like a movie. Basically it’s like Claymation. Get creative and make videos you can post on social media–you can even make your own channel for it. There are a bunch of apps available, some free and some at cost, but all of them are good at tutoring you in how to use them. One great one is the Stop Motion Studio app, which is free to use, with the option to pay a little bit for upgraded options.
- JackBox Games: JackBox is an online-based game that you can play from your phone or tablet, all interactively with the others players in your group. Simply load the app on your TV, then on your personal device, go to the site and enter the code given to you by the game. Done–you’re in! There’s several different types of games to play with each other and all of them incredibly fun. You can play with up to 8 players at a time and online reviews testify that this is one of the TOP trending things people are doing to have fun during this pandemic.
Some out there are suggesting that bleach is a good option for handwashing, which is nonsense. DO NOT use bleach on your skin (or gargle, for that matter). Instead, stick to good old handwashing and hand sanitizer. The CDC says that this is one of the best and most simple ways to prevent yourself from getting COVID-19. Some good options to make your hands comfortable are soaps with nourishing ingredients in them, like Live Clean Coconut Milk Moisturizing Liquid Hand Soap, Everyone Hand Soap, and Bath and Body Works soap products. Follow washing with a good moisturizer to make sure your hands don’t get cracked and sore, like Eucerin, CeraVe, and Aveeno.
If your hands can’t take all the alcohol you’ll find in hand sanitizers, look for ones that are alcohol free, like the GermBloc brand. And don’t forget about your nails–get a stiff brush to scrub underneath your nails and remove any traces of the virus that may have gotten shoved under there.
These are just a few options when it comes to products that can make your pandemic-life a little easier. Each may seem small, but when it comes time to quarantine, those little luxuries can make a huge difference in how you feel every day.
Are You Thinking of Buying a Home in Dubois County?
Use our site to search homes for sale in Jasper, Dubois, Spencer, Martin and Davis counties and all of our surrounding areas. Unlike the “big name” sites out there, at Sell 4 Free Welsh Realty our site is directly connected to our local MLS and is updated with new homes every hour. By signing up for New Listing alerts you can stay on top of the newest homes for sale and get price change alerts so you can stay ahead of other buyers and beat them to the hottest deals!
Start your Home Search now
Popular Jasper Indiana Home Searches:
- Homes for sale Evansville IN
- Southern Indiana Homes for Sale
- Santa Claus Indiana Cabins
- Homes for sale Newburgh IN
- Homes for sale Dubois County Indiana
- Homes for Sale Jasper Indiana
- Homes for sale in Huntingburg Indiana
- Ferdinand Indiana Homes
- Farms for sale in Indiana
- Homes for sale Santa Claus Indiana
Newest Homes for Sale in Dubois County
View the newest homes listed in Dubois County in the last 10 days:
1461 Martha Drive Jasper, Indiana
3 Beds 3 Baths 2,040 SqFt 0.463 Acres
Listing courtesy of Tama Stemle from RE/MAX Local.
1309 Kundeck Street Jasper, Indiana
2 Beds 3 Baths 2,184 SqFt 0.120 Acres
Listing courtesy of Sandra Cave from RE/MAX Local.
4542 S 50 E Huntingburg, Indiana
3 Beds 1 Baths 684 SqFt 0.720 Acres
Listing courtesy of Larry Carpenter III from Carpenter Realty LLC.