Have you thought of having a stained glass window inserted in your house or apartment? It’s a very popular home-enhancer and has much to offer, as you’ll see below. But first, you’ll need to think what sort you want. Here are some options.
Depending on your preference and budget, you could either start from scratch and have a window cavity inserted in a wall, or just replace the glass in an existing window with a stained glass panel. For a cheaper and simpler alternative, place a strip of self-adhesive film with a stained glass effect over your chosen window. Whichever type you go for, you’ll have the added option of designing your own artwork or selecting from a range of patterns and pictures. A custom-made stained glass window could cost you hundreds of dollars, depending on the size and intricacy of the design, but if you opt for a stick-on alternative, you can produce your design yourself using acrylic paints.
Make your Stained Glass piece your own
Consider how you want your stained glass window to work for you. Here are some of the many ways it could enhance your home.
– By beautifying an area. The vibrant hues of a stained glass window will turn an ordinary room into a spectacular one. If you place one in your hallway, your visitors will be able to enjoy it, and if you put one in your bedroom, you’ll wake up to a glorious glow every morning.
– By concealing an unattractive view. A colorful window will block out a drab or ugly outlook. This can be useful if you have a window overlooking a factory or junkyard, for instance, or a busy road.
– By illuminating a room. A dark room will benefit from having an extra window inserted, whether on an exterior or interior wall. This could then be ornamented with a radiant stained glass design. Alternatively, if the door is solid wood, you could exchange it for a glass-paneled one, with a stained glass section for decoration.
– By balancing privacy with openness. Stained glass can be used to obscure the view through a window, either from outside or through an interior window. This can be handy for an inside window looking into a bathroom or bedroom, for instance, or an outer window looking directly onto a street. On the other hand, if a room feels too claustrophobic or closed off from the rest of the house, an interior window in stained glass will provide a link without letting housemates gaze in.
– By providing your home with an extra picture. You’ll find a wonderful range of stained glass designs on the market, from plain blocks of color to detailed pictures. If you design your own window, the possibilities will be wide open to you, letting you give vent to your creative flair or reflect a particular idea or event that’s important to you.
When you’ve installed your special window or applied your look-alike stained glass film, you’ll want to show it off to all your friends and relatives. In other words, it’ll be party time, so don’t sit and gaze too long.
Are You Thinking of Buying a Home in Dubois County?
Use our site to search homes for sale in Jasper, Dubois, Spencer, Martin and Davis counties and all of our surrounding areas. Unlike the “big name” sites out there, at Sell 4 Free Welsh Realty our site is directly connected to our local MLS and is updated with new homes every hour. By signing up for New Listing alerts you can stay on top of the newest homes for sale and get price change alerts so you can stay ahead of other buyers and beat them to the hottest deals!
Start your Home Search now
Popular Jasper Indiana Home Searches:
- Homes for sale Evansville IN
- Southern Indiana Homes for Sale
- Santa Claus Indiana Cabins
- Homes for sale Newburgh IN
- Homes for sale Dubois County Indiana
- Homes for Sale Jasper Indiana
- Homes for sale in Huntingburg Indiana
- Ferdinand Indiana Homes
- Farms for sale in Indiana
- Homes for sale Santa Claus Indiana
Newest Homes for Sale in Dubois County
View the newest homes listed in Dubois County in the last 10 days:
1461 Martha Drive Jasper, Indiana
3 Beds 3 Baths 2,040 SqFt 0.463 Acres
Listing courtesy of Tama Stemle from RE/MAX Local.
1309 Kundeck Street Jasper, Indiana
2 Beds 3 Baths 2,184 SqFt 0.120 Acres
Listing courtesy of Sandra Cave from RE/MAX Local.
4542 S 50 E Huntingburg, Indiana
3 Beds 1 Baths 684 SqFt 0.720 Acres
Listing courtesy of Larry Carpenter III from Carpenter Realty LLC.